So, boys and girls, here's today's lesson. If your WebServiceRequest method stops working on making a POST or PUT call with a file, check the damn server's network logs. It started returning 404 errors the moment I stopped sending test strings and tried uploaded my image.
Husband knows the server's admin, so he's trying to get SSH access by tonight. Then he's promised to write me a sweet little Express script that'll take care of everything. Stupid Apache.
Here's the to-do list I wrote about a week ago. Here's what it looks like now.
Setup: Missing fonts (Ariel bold) Fuzzy text? There must be a way to fix that. Body menu goes off the bottom of the screen.(Temp fix)
- Import Data:
- Add 'loading' graphic while XML is parsed.
Change how the required animations are checked to take less memory.
Fix new render save path for WebGL! (System crash!) Add timestamp to the single doll render so they have unique filenames. Rendering on the web app makes a pixelated preview-dummy.(Cancelled)
- Look for ways to slim / refactor the code!
Write PHP script that zips up the renders and prompts the user to download them! Strip out unneeded 3rd party asset DLLs
The 'loading' graphic between the setup screen and the was added just fine, but the loading sequence freezes up the system while the XML is processed, which means it never shows up. Now, there's a few ways to fix that, but I think the best way to do this would be to make the setup its own scene and just have a nice animated 'loading' scene between the two.
This will also be a good idea because the 'Choose a body' overflow fix was a quick hack that won't last as we increase the body options. I'm adding a skeleton, orcs, lizard folk once the humans are taken care of. I've also never been satisfied with the current setup UI, and a redesign will be a good change.
Refactoring will be a good step to take, but I'm going to hold off on it until everything else is working. There's a few things I'd like to change up to make a leaner, more flexible, automated process.